Contra Costa County Underage DUI Lawyer
Experienced Defense Against Underage DUIs in California
An underage DUI conviction can seriously affect your future prospects. If you or your child have been charged with DUI, you have options. Our team at The Blalock Law Firm, PC works quickly to build a defense for you, knowing that it is essential to use our time wisely as your case swiftly progresses.
Why clients choose The Blalock Law Firm, PC:
- We're exclusively focused on DUI defense
- Free consultations
- We provide up-to-date advice based on your case
- Representation from a Harvard-trained DUI attorney
Our trusted Contra Costa County underage DUI attorney Anthony Blalock has successfully protected clients for more than 21 years. We serve your needs first, taking this threat to your future freedoms very seriously. One mistake shouldn't ruin your life and we work to protect your opportunities.
Is your loved one facing an underage DUI? Call The Blalock Law Firm, PC today at (925) 259-3270 or contact us online to meet with our underage DUI attorney in Contra Costa County!
What Are The Penalties for an Underage DUI in California?
The sooner you begin consulting with our firm, the better job we can do to protect you. DUI cases progress quickly and are subject to a number of deadlines within which you must respond to your charges, file for hearings, and appear before the DMV and the court. Failing to meet any of these deadlines can significantly impact your final result.
Consequences for an underage DUI can include:
- Mandatory participation in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program
- Community service
- License loss or suspension
California abides by the "Zero Tolerance" law, which means that an underage driver does not need to have a BAC of 0.08% or higher in order to be arrested or convicted for a DUI. Any trace of alcohol in your system is enough to face charges. However, the level of alcohol does affect how severe the penalties will be if convicted.
The following are the specific penalties for underage drinking and driving as determined by BAC:
- BAC of 0.01% or greater: License suspension for 1 year, but no DUI on criminal record
- BAC of 0.05% or greater: License suspension for 1 year, DUI goes on criminal record, $100 fine, mandatory enrollment in a three-month DUI education course
- BAC of 0.08% or greater: An underage driver with this level of BAC can face the maximum penalties an adult would face for a DUI, which are much more severe.
If someone was injured as a result of the alleged DUI, your case becomes even more complex. We are meticulous about evaluating your options and work tirelessly to protect your underage rights.
Contact Our Underage DUI Attorney Today
We deliberately keep you informed and empowered through the process, giving you the freedom to appear in court if you wish or to allow Mr. Blalock to appear for you. Many of our clients never have to appear in court, and those accused of an underage DUI especially appreciate this option.
Contact The Blalock Law Firm, PC today for a FREE consultation!