After a DUI arrest in San Mateo, one of the first things a person usually asks themselves is: “Do I need an attorney to fight my charges?” Nobody expects to find themselves facing DUI charges, so it is understandable if you are worried about the consequences of the charges against you, or unsure about what you need to do to protect your rights and freedom.
The first thing you should do after you’ve been arrested for driving under the influence is consult with a San Mateo DUI attorney who has experience handling DUI cases. To win your DUI case, you will need specific details about when you were arrested, a skilled attorney can track down the details that might get your charges dropped or dismissed.
Attorney Anthony Blalock can assist you in the following ways:
- Investigate the location you were stopped at to find evidence that can be used to dispute your charges
- Obtain and review police reports to find out if the arresting officer had a valid reason for stopping you
- Collect the evidence and testimony needed to challenge the accuracy of the results from your sobriety and breath test
DUI charges can significantly impact your life, which is why hiring the right legal representation to handle your case is a critical decision.
In addition to disputing your charges in court, Attorney Blalock can also:
- Motion to dismiss, limit, or eliminate evidence that does not directly pertain to your case
- Negotiate a plea bargain with prosecutors that limits your punishment
- Consult with the D.A. to figure out alternatives to filing a criminal complaint against you
- Attempt to have your heard by a judge and D.A. that would likely produce a positive resolution
- Represent you at trial and demonstrate to a jury why you should be acquitted of the charges against you
If this is your fist time being charged with DUI, you likely don’t know what to expect from the court process. When you hire The Blalock Law Firm, you get an experienced San Mateo DUI lawyer who will advocate for your rights. We will work one-on-one with you and combine our resources with your direct input to make a strong defense strategy to challenge the allegations against you.
Call (925) 259-3270 To Get Started on Your Case
The practiced DUI attorneys at The Blalock Law Firm, PC understands that DUI charges can make you feel nervous about your future and what will happen to your reputation. Our legal team will handle all aspects of your DUI case and do what we can to move it along as smoothly as possible. We will be by your side at each step of your case. Our legal team has years of experience helping clients defend their rights and we are ready to do the same for you.
Contact our San Mateo DUI lawyer to set up your free one-hour consultation.